Candles can be dangerous so it is extremely important that you burn your candle safely. Here we also provide some tips on how to get the best of your Wisteria Wax Crystal candles.
Warning – Failure to follow the safety instructions could result in fire, hazard or injury.
Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Keep your candle out of the reach of children and pets.
Place your candle on a level, stable, heat resistant surface.
Keep away from drafts and curtains.
Never burn on or near anything that can catch fire.
Candle jar will become hot during use – do not touch.
Candles should never be allowed to burn continuously for more than 3 hrs. Candles that are left to burn for over 3 hrs may overheat.
Loose decorations should be removed before burning. Those decorations that loosen during use should be carefully removed as they become free or as the wax softens.
Crystals are a choking hazard. Keep away from children and do not put in your mouth.
Remove large crystal from candle before burning. You can gently scoop it out with a spoon and rinse it in warm soapy water.
Extinguish the candle flame carefully using a candle snuffer or by blowing gently. Never use the lid to extinguish candle flame as this could cause a fire.
Place the lid on your candle when not in use to help prevent foreign objects landing on your candle and to preserve the essential oils within it.
Trim the wick to 5-7mm before lighting. Keep your candle free from foreign objects including matches and wick trimmings. Do not burn for more than 3hrs.
Your candle will be completely finished when it contains approximately 10mm of residual wax.
Tips to get the most from your candle
Safety first – Always follow our safety guidelines above and keep your candle out of reach of children and pets, and away from draughts and curtains etc.
Commit to your candle – Burn your candle for a minimum of 2 hours each time you light it. You need to let the wax melt all the way to the edge of the jar at an even depth across the top before you blow it out to prevent ‘tunnelling’. This is most important the first few times you burn your candle as you will create a wax memory which the candle will follow on future burns. Do not burn your candle for more than 3 hours at time.
Tidy your wick and wax – Keep your wick about 5-7mm in length. Trim your wick before every burn. If your candle begins to ‘smoke’ it is a sign that your wick needs trimming. Also, if you notice a black ball/bloom (this is a build up of carbon) forming on the top of your wick, this is a sign the wick needs a tidy. We recommend you use wick trimming scissors. Be careful not to trim your wick too short as this can cause ‘tunnelling’. If your candle is burning unevenly don’t trim the wick and give some longer burns (3-4hrs) to allow the built up wax to melt. Once extinguished, you can also use a spoon to gently push the soft wax down into the melt pool, taking care not to drown the wick. Allow candle to completely set before trimming the wick and relighting. Keep your wax pool clean – no half burned matches or wick trimmings please.
Crystal keepsake – some of your Wisteria Wax candles are created with a lovingly chosen stone for you to remove and hold onto forever. We recommend removing the large crystal prior to burning, to give an even burn to your candle. You can leave the small crystals as they will sink into the wax. Each candle will burn differently as the crystals move around in the softening wax, and each candle will have its own ‘personality’. If you notice the crystals are preventing an even candle burn you can remove them carefully when the wax is soft, after you have extinguished the flame. Otherwise, any crystals you choose to leave in the candle will sink down into the wax and when your candle is finished you can remove and clean by washing with warm soapy water.
Soy wax is natural and may have imperfections – Although we use a high quality soy wax at Wisteria Wax, changes in temperature may cause ‘frosting’. This is where the wax can look cloudy in parts or pulls away slightly from the glass container and looks like a wet spot. This is a completely natural reaction of the soy wax caused by temperature changes and will not affect the burning or quality of your candle at all.
If you have any questions regarding your candle just give us a shout and we will try our best to help!